January 17, 2011

Adam

Adam, age 6
Palm Desert, CA (1990)

"Pretty in Pink!"

This pic was from my brother's birthday, so I informed my mother that I was going to wear my favorite pink outfit since it was his day - and I was going to be his 'lady in waiting.' Oh, boy.

I was obsessed with my model horse collection, Olympic divers, and practicing the piano. I think that sums it up.
 

I first knew I was gay around age 4, when my family went bowling and I was very taken with the man in the lane next to ours and his crisp, white shorts.

Looking back at this pic, the only crime here is a shirt tucked into elastic-waist shorts.

Otherwise, rock on!





Adam's first, famous-person same sex crush:
George Michael

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adam - I love that story and I love you! And you know, you've always looked fabulous in pink :).
-kp

Anonymous said...

I agree! This is fabulous...and a great prelude to those tiny pink shorts you wore at Halloween two years ago!
xoxo,
Meggie

Campbell said...

Good onya mate! Love the pink. I remember in the eighties that Rob Hirst from Midnight Oil used to play at concerts in pink overalls.