January 16, 2011

Anthony

Anthony, age 4
Tiline, KY (1991)


How my mother never caught on is beyond me. Growing up, I never did what the other boys were doing. Playing with Barbies, watching The Little Mermaid religiously, and dressing up the cat in Mom's clothing is how I spent my Saturdays as a kid.

"I'm ready for my closeup, Mr. DeMille!"
Around this age or maybe a year younger, is when I realized that something was different about me. The freshest memory or instance of this, is when I was looking through my Dad's muscle magazines.

Looking at the muscles and the masculinity, I found it appealing and couldn't help but feel shy and giddy, like a little school girl.

Looking at this picture now, it puts a smile on my face - just as big as the one I have on in the picture itself. I was a happy little boy, rocking the straw hat and bowling ball breasts, making my Mother smile.

And I wouldn't trade that for anything less or more.

Anthony's first, famous-person same sex crush:
Kurt Russell

No comments: