January 19, 2011

Dare

Dare, age 4
Arcadia, California (1986)

So here I am at age 4. I got into my mom's make-up one morning and went to town.

Even at this young age, I was really into Depeche Mode, The Cure, Adam Ant, and of course Siouxsie Sioux.

I guess the story goes that my mom was running late for work, and so we didn't have time to clean me up.

So I actually went to preschool like this. My favorite part, is note my dog's choke chain I chose as a belt.

While my mom was frustrated, I remember she couldn't help but snap this photo.


And looking back, I did a pretty good job on the lips. So queer...
And punk rock realness.

I can't say I felt different here. But it wasn't long after, because I actually remember feeling different in kindergarten, which I guess was a year later.

I started chasing boys a little too much - and a little too long - at Light & Life Christian School! ;)
____________________________________________________

Click here - "Born This Way: Real Stories of Growing Up Gay" book
Click here - "My First Gay Crush Blog"


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dare you rocked then, you rock now..so glad we're friends & woulda been best buds in pre-school and prolly started a riot if given half the chance!
xo Waiyde