January 28, 2011

Edward

Edward, age 5
Fontana, CA (1991)

I was so happy to bring this picture home and show my mom. This wasn't "picture day," this was for star students known as SUPER STARS! I was always a teacher's pet and was so happy I was being rewarded for it. It was great!

"SUPER STAR! Duh! LOL!"

I always felt different, even at this age. I always liked to wear bright flashy colors, and every night I would pick out and lay out my clothes for the next day.

A new school year was the best time of year, even better then Christmas, because we would go clothes shopping. And I loved the first couple of weeks to show off my new clothes.

My favorite jacket was this bright, shiny red Members Only jacket that I'd wear off my shoulders. And I remember my older brother always trying to pull it back up, and telling me to stop wearing it like that.

Growing up in a Mexican household, I watched a lot of telenovelas (soap operas), so I got to see a lot of hot half-naked Latin men - and that's really when I knew I like boys instead of girls.

The biggest telenovela I remember is "Mari Mar" and I fell in love with Eduardo Capetillo. He was the perfect tall, dark, and handsome type. And now looking at pictures of him, I think that's where I get my fixation for a hairy chest. 

Thanks for the blog - it's GREAT!!!!!

Edward's first, famous-person same sex crush:
Eduardo Capetillo (Mexican actor)
________________________________________________

Mari Mar (3-dvd boxset) [NTSC/REGION 1 & 4 DVD. Import-Latin America] Thalia Alec Baldwin Doesn't Love Me and Other Trials from My Queer Life YOU ROCK! How To Be A STAR Student & Still Have FUN Gay Hegemony/ Latino Homsexualites (Latino Communities: Emerging Voices - Political, Social, Cultural and Legal Issues)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm from Fontana too!! XD

Its great to hear someone else's story, especially from a neighbor.

Thanks for the post!

Anonymous said...

OMG this is great. I grew up watching Telenovelas and thats definitely where I honed my tastes in men.

Mari Mar was awesome and Mister Capetillo was to die for.