January 11, 2011

Kurt

Kurt, age 12
Chicago, Illinois (1968)

"I Never Had A Choice!"

I was in the 8th grade here, so I was probably around 12-years-old.
And this was shot at a costume party at a Ballroom Dance Class.

I've known I was gay as far back as I can remember, like at 3 or 4 years old.

My Mom dressed me up like Phyllis Diller, then she wondered why I turned out the way I did. I was kind of angry at Mom at the time, but I laugh about it now!

Kurt's first, famous-person same sex crushes:
Bobby Sherman & Robert Conrad ("The Wild Wild West")
And any guy who played Tarzan, Hercules, or a gladiator
!

2 comments:

thatwastheact said...

We're about the same age, yet pic looks as if from the 1800s. Great Carol C. look.

Chris said...

Love your pic, not least of all because I'm from Chicago myself. Also love the fact that this post is labeled "Phyliss Diller". Not sure if you or the blog moderator did that, but it makes me chuckle.