January 15, 2011

Maximus

Maximus, age 2
Phnom Penh, Cambodia (1993)

"The boy In the fuchsia robe"


I don't remember much from this young age, but my Mom used to tell me stories about how they dressed me up in girl clothes, and put on make-up and pig tails and stuff.

I was cute! Hehehe.

My Mom owns a hair salon, so I was kind of like a little fun prop for a lot of her employees back then.

And since my house was a hair salon, I was surrounded by girls, like, all the time.


I guess I've always known I was gay. I always sat in the girl section in my school when I was in Kindergarten (my school had this thing where they split the class in two). And throughout elementary school, teachers liked to have boys and girls sit together, so the boys wouldn't get into trouble with each other

Maximus' first, famous-person same sex crush:
Zac Efron ("High School Musical")

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you are very cute! I love your story so much because I have a cousin with a similar story to yours but with a twist. My aunt also dressed him up from the time he was a baby in girl's clothes because she always dreamed of having a little girl and by God she was going to have a little girl no matter what (yeah, stubborness runs in my family)! And he was a very cute little girl! She did that until he was 3 when he started crying and screaming so much about it. And you know, he's as straight as can be! And he doesn't hold any grudges against my aunt. So it just shows you can't teach anybody anything when it comes being gay or straight. People are just what they are from the time they are born.