January 12, 2011

Melinda

Melinda, age 4
Northern CA (1977)

This was shot on my babysitter’s front porch in Northern California .
I remember always trying to get the other little girls at the babysitter’s house to go behind the shed with me and play house.  I was always the daddy :)

"Is that The Fonz? Correctamundo!"
I know when I was about this age, I put a jar of Vaseline in my hair because I wanted to be like my hero, Fonzie.

And when did I feel "different"? Oh…always?

I knew I liked kissing the other little girls well before I started school.  I know by the time I was 7, I was convincing my little girl friends to play photo shoot with me, where they would pose provocatively, and I would pretend to take their pictures.

Jeez, even as a kid I was a perv! :P 

Looking at it now, it makes me laugh.

I look so -- greasy.  I ended up being a Femme dyke, so I can’t imagine wearing anything that masculine now!



Melinda's first, famous-person same sex crush:
Nancy McKeon (as Jo on "Facts Of Life")
* Swoon *
____________________________________________

Click here - "Born This Way: Real Stories of Growing Up Gay" book
Click here - "My First Gay Crush Blog"
Click to follow my blog with Bloglovin'

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melinda, I love your swagger. Thanks so much for sharing this!

thatwastheact said...

Movie Mogul - is what I see.
Ability is sexless.

462Dragon said...

Absolutely LOVE this photo! So cool! I can totally relate - loved Jo on FoL and my mom had to warn babysitters about me. Thanks for sharing the pic and story!