January 19, 2011

Micah

Micah, age 8
Honolulu, HI (1984)


"Go Dodgers! Hayyyyy!"

This was taken visiting my grandparents in Honolulu. I was a shy kid, and my mom said I was "gifted."

It turns out the main gifts were decorating, cooking, and being fabulous on trips.

I always felt different, but didn't realize I was gay until I was a freshman in college.


Literally, one morning I woke up and it hit me: I was gay.
After that everything finally made sense.

Looking back at this pic, it makes me think: Damn I was a cute kid! :-)
But I don't think I could get my wrist to do that these days. 

Micah's first, famous-person same sex crushes:
Luke Perry & Jason Priestly ("Beverly Hills 90210")

9 comments:

Candy said...

You sure were a cute kid! And definitely gifted. :)

Micah D said...

Awww - thanks Mom :-)

Smoof said...

OMG, so cute!

Unknown said...

Brother o' mine, I love this picture...and the kid in it!

Littleroundot said...

O, my sweet grandbaby !! How precious you were and ARE !! I, too,
love this shot. honolulu, huh ?! No wonder I hadn't seen it before.
And, yes, as your Mom says, DEFINITELY gifted !! The 'old' expression
was 'Smart as a Whip !"

Anonymous said...

beautiful photo-beautiful person!

Anonymous said...

best. caption. ever. you were, and i'm sure you still are, fabulous! (even if your wrist doesn't twist that way anymore ;)

Mark in DE said...

Fabulous!

Anonymous said...

OMG, your family is just lovely, look at the cute things they wrote! Wonderful!